Saturday, November 13, 2004

the 10,000 word mark!

Well, I'm happy that I've reached the first major milestone - I've now written over ten thousand words. That's 1/5 of the novel, and although it's not as much as I'd hoped I would have written by now, it's also an achievement.

It's also only Saturday, and so I should be able to catch up even more this weekend if I spend a considerable time tomorrow on writing. Wouldn't it be great if I could push that up to 15,000 by tomorrow? Wishful thinking, I suppose, but who knows. I'm on a roll, and it does seem easy writign at the moment.

That's all very well, but what about the story? Well, I'm still only on the introductory part of my story. My Main Character is still in the City. However, I have managed to get him out of his flat! Phew! It took a while, but Jay has ventured out and made it to the swimming pool in his building.

I feel I have explained enough about the City and how it works now, so I am getting ready to set up the crisis that will lead to the meaty part of the book. That's when it'll become difficult I suppose, as I have no idea what he will encounter, and how he will develop. Well, I guess that's part of the fun of doing this. It's a journey into the unknown both for me, and for my characters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home