Thursday, November 04, 2004

I'm a slow writer

Hey! Well, so much for bashing out lots of words tonight. I'm realising that I'm a slow writer, and this is going to be harder than I thought. However, I will persist, and see if I can increase my pace. Obviously, keeping this other blog going doesn't help, but it comes from a different stimulus. I don't have any problem writing here, but when I'm in "fiction mode" it all seems to slow down. I guess that is what I have to work on if I want to stand any chance of finishing in a month.

Now I'm determined to get up early in the morning and write chapter three. My chapters at the moment seem to be falling off naturally at between 750-800 words, when I thought I would be ble to make them around 1000 words each. Well, that's part of this experiment I guess. you start to get to know yourself better and just how much you are able to push yourself.

Well, that's all I can take tonight. I've set the alarm clock for the morning, so if all goes well, I'll have another chapter finished for tomorrow too. Watch this space.

6 Comments:

Blogger maRia said...

Bloody mad, the lot of yer!
(GO,go,go,put your life on hold till the 30th Nov, then go out and get mega-pissed!)

November 7, 2004 at 2:25 AM  
Blogger blog-efl said...

Absolutely, Maria. Although, I'm not able to put my life on hold, so I'm falling behind. I'm beginning to see though, that if you really want to write a novel in a month, then you do have to give up some part of your life. Maybe it's time I stopped sleeping? I mena, what good does lying in a bed with my eyes closed for eight hours. If I can cut it down to four, then I'll be laughing!

November 7, 2004 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger maRia said...

Well Thatcher managed to run the world(with a little help from her friends) on four hours sleep, so...

November 8, 2004 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger blog-efl said...

Well, maybe that's not a good comparison - look at some of the decisions she made - maybe the world would have been a better place if she'd slept more!

November 8, 2004 at 9:31 PM  
Blogger maRia said...

It's a terrible example, true. I will never forgive her for getting rid of our free school milk, the fascist cow!

Anyway, you can do it. RA,RA,RA.
(And no, that's not some kind of chant to summon the Egyptian SunGod, though I imagine you'll appreciate any help right now!)

November 9, 2004 at 2:53 PM  
Blogger blog-efl said...

Thanks MaRia! If you could summon the power of the sun god Ra to help me out then I'd be eternally grateful! Is there a God of literature? Maybe I could try summoning her (him?)to help me catch up?

November 10, 2004 at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home